Synergistic Solutions (doing business as Lowcountry Synergy) evolved from Danielle’s desire to connect nonprofit and public organizations with services and resources that increase efficiency and positive social impact. Because hiring additional employees and finding the time to execute special projects are often fraught with challenges, Synergistic Solutions’ contractual services make improvements more readily accessible and expeditiously enacted.
Operations and Technical Support
Succession Planning: With a focus on sustainability for your organization, Danielle will compile all governance, programmatic, and other policies and procedures information into a comprehensive document that can be used during leadership transitions. One thing Danielle loves about her work is the opportunity to digitize processes, thereby saving organizations time and money. For example, she digitized all aspects of a grant-funded program's reporting and volunteer management. She also recently hosted a session entitled “Online (and Free) Resources to Save Nonprofits Time and Money” at United Way of the Coastal Empire for 20 agency representatives.
Grant-writing and Resource Development
Believe it or not, Danielle has 15 years of grant-writing experience (yes, she wrote her first grant application before she could drive!) She has raised nearly $1 million dollars to date. As coordinator of the Lowcountry Area Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Coalition, Danielle successfully increased the program's economic impact from $3 million to $4.2 million in 1 year. Additionally, Danielle has partnered with small nonprofits to develop grant templates that can be adapted for future applications. Danielle’s resource development experience encompasses federal, state, local government grants; as well as corporate, foundation, and neighborhood giving organizations.
Strategic Information Services
Often times we have the tools we need at our fingertips, but don’t have the time to put them into play. Danielle has vast experience helping organizations identify their core challenges and, consequently, developing innovative solutions that help them work smarter, not harder.
Some examples of how Danielle has helped organizations to get smarter with their information include:
- Creation of digital surveys and forms to track volunteer hours, measure client satisfaction, receive and place phone calls free of charge, and much more
- Development of online trainings and social media marketing plans
- Generation of evaluative (quantitative and qualitative) tools and analysis of findings
- Formulation of online training materials for mentors, mentees, facilitators, and parents of children who are participating in character-building programs
Facilitation and Trainings
- Presented her original works at four professional conferences, including Together SC's 2018 Nonprofit Summit
- Gave the keynote address at the 2018 South Carolina Youth Leadership Conference
- Spoke about free and online volunteer management resources at the July 2018 South Carolina Association of Volunteer Administrators (SCAVA) meeting
- Hosted an “Online and Free Resources for Nonprofits Training” at the United Way of the Coastal Empire
- Facilitated a session on leadership at Hilton Head Island High School in conjunction with the South Carolina Youth Leadership program
- Conducted workshops on volunteer recruitment and retention for 40+ human service agencies
- Moderated a Mental Health Educational Forum in conjunction with the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI)
- Served two terms of service with AmeriCorps VISTA (focus areas: financial literacy and education)
- Conducted monthly Charity Tracker trainings
- Led monthly Beaufort County Community Services Organization meetings
If you have experience working with Danielle or Lowcountry Synergy, please share your feedback below. If you would like your name and/or organization to be excluded from your public testimonial, please indicate your wishes in the message box. Thank you!